Friday, February 10, 2012

Black Powder ACW Casualty Markers

In glades they meet skull after skull
Where pine cones lay - the rusted gun,
Green shoes full of bones, the mouldering coat
And cuddled up skeleton;
And scores of such. Some start as in dreams,
And comrades lost bemoan;
By the edge of those wilds Stonewall had charged-
But the year and the Man were gone.

by Herman Melville, "The Armies of the Wilderness"


As promised, some pictures from my ACW casualty markers. I got the idea from some pictures on the Warlord Games forum. Some guy did the same for his 28mm Romans.

I hope i will not be needing them much :-) They're all wearing the regular blue suit. No zouave or greatcoat models yet. I still need to order those from Redoubt. I just gotta make sure that my zouaves and my boys from ireland leave the battlefield unharmed.

Models are from Perry, colours by Vallejo and tufts and flowers are from Silflor. The dices are from some cheap vendor on ebay.

4 comments:

  1. Obi wan trained you well, but you are not a jedi yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. I especially like the falling one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the new casualty markers from http://www.warbases.co.uk/#/accessories/4533097200

    They will be great for BP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those 'dial' casualty markers look very interesting tbh! grrr... if only i knew before :-)

    ReplyDelete