Monday, October 24, 2011

The Red Devils

"I consider it an honor to belong to this regiment," Lt. Charles Montgomery wrote; "The regular officers cannot speak too highly of us." One Southern soldier told a captive Zouave, "they never had seen the superiors of the red legs for unflinching courage and coolness."

I painted a tester for my Zouave regiment, the first of my 5th New Yorkers. These Perry Zouaves are fantastic & beautifully sculpted! More difficult to paint properly then plastic infantry box from Perry Miniatures tough. These fellows will take some time to complete, but of course, it will all be worth it.

I followed drawings from Don Troiani to paint this one up, i think i got everything right. Maybe those knee-pads should be a little more yellow-ish but i can live with that. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think its a little to "inky". But Very nicely painted!

    ReplyDelete